Documents to be held at registered office - companies
Please note: These guidance notes are not intended to be definitive legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. The interpretation of legislation is a matter on which the Guernsey Registry cannot advise and entities/individuals need to form their own independent view on compliance with the legislation. Independent legal advice is advised where there is any uncertainty.
The Companies (Guernsey) Law, 2008 requires all Guernsey companies to keep certain documents at their registered office address.
These documents may also need to be available for inspection (by certain individuals) during ordinary business hours.
The below list gives a brief summary of the documents (either the original or copies of documents) that should be kept at the registered office address.
Further information regarding each document (and the requirement for them to be kept at the registered office) is available to download below.
Summary of documents to be retained at registered office
- Register of members (including share details if the company has share capital
- Register of guarantee members (if applicable)
- Register of directors
- Details of the beneficial owners
- Minutes of director meetings - if not kept in Guernsey a copy must be kept at the registered office or such other place as the directors think fit
- Register of secretaries
Please note: the items detailed below also need to be kept by the company but do not necessarily have to be kept at the registered office. However, in view of the fact that they may need to be available for inspection it is suggested that they are also kept at the registered office.
- All resolutions of members
- Records of any decisions made by a sole member that would ordinarily be taken at a general meeting
- Minutes of all proceedings of a general meeting
- Accounting records
- Annual validation submissions
- Name of the resident agent